Office Lens Users

Welcome to Office Lens’ Feedback & Suggestions site! We love hearing from our customers. If you have suggestions for how we can improve Office Lens, you can share them with us here.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Fix authentication error for Office Lens.

Saving an image is stuck because of an authentication error. Put in the code for work account and now it just spins. Rebooting or relaunching finds the image still there. Can't figure out what the problem is. Just stuck.

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Office Lens for Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. transparent live tile

please give the Office Lens app on Windows phone a transparent live tile. It is currently one of the few apps on my start Screen without this and look ugly

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Lens for Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reduce resolution option

Add the option to reduce the resolution option to reduce the file size.

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The option to set a default file name format.

I'd like the option to set something other than your standard default as it's too long. For example: I use this produxt to scan and save my receipts using a file name of yyyy-mm-dd.nn where n is a sequence number. It makes sorting easier so even if I could manually set yyyy-mm- as default and change it each month it would make things easier.

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Office Lens for Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Open API for integration with other apps

Would love to see an Open API for integration of lens with other apps.

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Office Lens for Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sync to OneNote fails

Fix your bugs! I cannot take a picture and send it to OneNote properly. Don't know if it's something with the Swedish version I'm using.

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Able to scan multiple page.

Ability to scan & save multiple page.

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Lens for Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export files when offline

Would be good to have the possibility to save a document as pdf also offline. By now seems it is possible to save/export a file only if you are connected to internet. I think this is a big limitation, in case you are temporarly without internet.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Default filename and filename categories

Default filename and file naming pattern should be configurable.

Also it would be great to have quick categories (e.g. "notes", "to-do", "personal") which can be selected after photo is taken and which, among other, influence the file naming pattern (respectively "notes_YYYYMMDD-COUNTER.jpg", "to-do_YYYYMMDD-COUNTER.jpg", etc)

They could also add respective (configurable) by xmp keywords and/or influence other behaviour.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Office Lens for Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Outlook

I like the business card scanner, but there are too many steps required to get a card into my Outlook contacts on my laptop.

Also, please put an image of the card itself into the Outlook contact itself (like the Dymo Business Card Scanner does). This helps if there is an error in the extraction of data from the scan.

While I'm at it, the accuracy of the extraction could be improved. My Dymo Business Card Scanner has less extraction errors, and that is quite old now.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Lens for Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Offset active cropping handle

Right now the active handle is directly beneath the finger which makes it very hard to pin point exactly where to place it. Offset and magnify it would be a huge improvement.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Multipage pdf please.

Scan multiple pages into a single pdf doc.

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Lens for Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bluetooth sharing with PC and Phones

Very often I need to transfer scanned documents from the smartphone to my computer, but I can't do it when I have no Internet connection at the moment.

If devices are next to each other, you can share documents by using Bluetooth and put directly in OneNote and pass OneDrive.

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Office Lens for Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Volume button as shutter

It was nice to use volume button to take photo

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Lenses to crop / cut

Use lenses to magnify / show the corners of documents when cropping / cutting them. Now they are invisible, because of my finger blocking the view.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. iCloud Drive!!

Please, please add support for document export to iCloud Drive!!

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. when the software try to straighten documents it ends up altering document proportions and introducing distortions that are not present in t

when the software tries to straighten a document, it ends up: 1) altering the document width and height proportions and 2) introducing distortions that are not present in the page itself

Sub 1) it should be possible to tell the software to format the page to various szes eg. A4, letter, etc.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Office Lens for Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. White balance

White balance

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Office Lens for Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to save to specified onedrive folder.

The ability to set a default one drive folder in onedrive in settings and override this on save

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Office Lens Users

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base