Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, it does not work and the sound still remains. Can you please release an another update for the app?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is most certainly *NOT* "Done!" My Android phone did used to "obey" the setting but it now does not. After the most recent update, the sound is back on despite the sound setting being unchecked. Have enabled it then re-disabled it. No joy. Did it again a few more times and it magically stopped making the noise. Once Lens was used again later that same day, the sound was back even though no settings had been changed nor had the phone been rebooted. Now cannot get it to turn off no matter what I do.

Rooting the phone and/or modifying files at directory-level access is never a solution. Typical users should never need to access applications at this level, particularly when there is a setting in the app to do just what they're requesting; not user's fault that it doesn't function properly.

Just fix the bug please!

• Gao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, here is the solution.

1. Install Root Explorer.
        2. Locate to /system/media/audio/ui, remount to enable write/modify.
        3. Find camera_click.ogg, long press and choose to set the authority of this file to 000, which set the file to non-accessible, non-excuetable by all users.
        4. Done.

If the above could not solve you problem, you may need to root your device or restart you phone.

Find a snapshot at http://bio-spring.info/mute-shutter-voice/.

• AnthonyB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a "Shutter Sound" option on my version of Office Lens (16.0.9001.2117 available in Google Play Store 29 Jan 2018). in the 3 ellipses menu in top right corner.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a clumsy workaround on my Android S6: Mute system sounds.

• Mucho Gordian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is called Office Lense, but with the shutter sound it is useless in the office since it disturbed everyone.

• Nils commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two year old thread, issue crucial, still not fixed. Hello Microsoft?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sony phone does not /v the shutter noise as long as off the sound volume. I try but the sound cannot move to mute or rather 0.

• Niko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't use this app at work due to the shutter sound. Apps should always respect the system volume setting IMO.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base