How can we improve Office Lens?

Auto correct contrast and colors

mainly for ocr purposes, like black and white document scanners do.make it so that a photo of a printed document can be converted from grayscale to pure black and white

678 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just need my pictures of documents to save not as yellowish due to environment lighting, AND NOT BE 900kb in size when such documents should be saved under 100kb with an office scanner (grayscale or b&w). Therfore grayscale, b&w, or contrast features would be great AS LONG AS THEY ENSURE THE DOCUMENT IS SMALL IN SIZE. Right now i tried to use my cell phone camera with grayscale setting then printed that to pdf but the size was bigger than what Office Lens was producing (2.7Mb vs 800kb). Still, 800kb is way too much for a simple PDF document intended to be black & 2

• Joseph R Miramonti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add simple background removal (remove shading due to paper folds and uneven lighting)

Perhaps efficiently done using "rolling-ball" morphological filter or using primitive high-pass filter, followed by a B/W threshold.

• Rodion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to manually regulate the brightness and contrast settings (or enhanced auto whitening background)

Feedback and Knowledge Base