How can we improve Office Lens?

save to local device and other cloud services nog only to onedrive

I think its annoying that it is only possible to save to one drive and I want other places I can save to.

2,073 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tiemen Tuinstra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mascha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's true that I can save to my local Gallery. But besides that it's only OneNote and OneDrive. I think what is meant here are also apps like GoogleDrive, Dropbox and Evernote. I think the best option is to be able to use the general Share options on ones phone. These options vary, depending on which apps are installed.

• Oz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This may have been partly completed, but certainly not entirely. As an Office 365 organisation, Lens gives us no option to save to SharePoint. This would be far more useful than ANY of the other options. Please re-open this request and add in saving to your primary document management tool.

• Rony Aguirre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the latest android app on a Galaxy Note 8 and saving to Google Drive, Dropbox or a local folder other than Gallery is not available

• paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has not been implemented. No saving to local device by default, to network share, no saving to azure storage accounts, only one drive and sharing via OneDrive. This feature request has not been fulfilled in my view

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What feature has been implemented? On Android I can save to the gallery as an image, to OneNote and several OneDrive options.

What about Google Drive and local PDF? Nothing less is acceptable.

• Art commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android app should have option to save to Google drive as you know, it's the built in cloud storage. Or at least include a share option to then export to any shareable service, drive/Dropbox /sms/hangouts etc

• Oz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an Office 365 business user, the most important missing option is to be able to save to SharePoint / Office 365 Groups. We also need to be able to choose which library / folder we save to at the point we capture the image. These are fundamental requirements as at the moment I have to move all the captured images from wherever Lens chooses to save them in OneDrive to where I want them - completely unnecessary extra step.

Android app will only save to a special album called "Office Lens" and not the main camera album. As a result, photos don't get captured by Dropbox for photo upload. I'm sad - I don't want ten different cloud services, really. I do want Office Lens, as it's the best tool I have for capturing receipts and whiteboards. Absolutely the best. But it's so hard to use since I moved from Apple to Android.

I would like to be able to save to my micro sd card and specify the folder and filename easily.

• Mick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add Dropbox in saving locations please. Ifttt would be nice!

• jay_fitzgerald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to save to a local storage location so I can ensure encryption prior to upload into cloud services.

I would like to save it to different one drive folders, to categorize the items !

• PJD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It use to save to my local device, now it saves only to onedrive, very annoying. I wish to choose where I can save the image. The device is not always connected to the cloud.

The new sign-onto-the-cloud nag screen upon opening the app is a silly and utterly annoying addition to what is otherwise a really useful (and generally reliable) app. Please create an option to turn off for those wanting to use the app on local storage only.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base