How can we improve Office Lens?

It should be a single touch to take it, send it and sync it. Need to make the image processing much faster

568 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bob k. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One touch wouldn't work for me since i need to look at much of what i scan before saving. But there's no reason there couldn't be 2 shutter buttons. One is save using prior settings, and the second is save with full option walk through.

• Michiel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the app to scan a number of flipover pages at the end of a training session. For each page I need five clicks: choose option whiteboard, make photo, ready, file, new photo. This should be a lot easier! Apart from that it's a great app.

• Ms Sparks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use this to take pictures of powerpoint slides during class lecture. Slides change quick. I don't have time to go thru the multiple button pushes it takes to save a picture and then back to take another picture.

I use this to take pictures of powerpoint slides during class lecture. Slides change quick. I don't have time to go thru the multiple button pushes it takes to save a picture and then back to take another picture.

• Steven Lendowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1
        Just look at Scanbot. Blazing fast, completely automated (ZERO clicks, just hold phone and AI makes the best picture possible!), and provides much higher quality results, even it is completely automated.
        As Office Lens is such a crucial piece in many ppls workflows, MS should really put more attention to it.
        Not that its bad, but the competition is now miles away (ScanBot, CamScanner Premium).

If it had widgets, then we could set up our save locations for most common uses on different widget buttons and use main program button when we wanted to save someplace unusual.

Then it would be much faster to use. If I push my math class widget it opens to the screen to take a picture, allows me to modify,delete, or save picture and then immediately returns to picture screen for next lecture note.

This program is great for pics of PowerPoint lectures

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Single click take and save would be great, even better if combined with selecting a default save location in one note or onedrive

• Dab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't always use this feature, but it would be a great setting to be able to turn on. "Auto Processing (Settings)" allowing user defined actions/save locations when enabled

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Image should be saved in same default localization with default name. Accepting those all the time gets annoying when u take a few pictures

Feedback and Knowledge Base