How can we improve Office Lens?

Please have an auto save feature

It's too cumbersome to have to manually save every single time when I use the app, I just its be to one note or one drive automatically

1,277 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The upload always says “couldn’t upload, click to retry”

I’d like to see the upload fixed !!

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where do the images go if I mail them from office lens. Can’t getcthem back ??

• T Buchanan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please add the ability to have a default destination iOS Camera Roll, Dropbox, OneDrive or other choices rather than having to save each one at a time...I know if you have OneDrive and logged in it will save to that, but sometimes I am in places that have bad data services or no wifi....so I would rather save to the iOS Camera roll as a choice...

• Matthias Jansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would indeed be great if we could configure a default behaviour. My personal preference would be to always save the document as pdf on one drive. This could be done with two buttons, "quick save" which uses the configured default behaviour and "save" which works just the way it always has.

• Ms Sparks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it had widgets, then we could set up our save locations for most common uses on different widget buttons and use main program button when we wanted to save someplace unusual.

Then it would be much faster to use. If I push my math class widget it opens to the screen to take a picture, allows me to modify,delete, or save picture and then immediately returns to picture screen for next lecture note.

This program is great for pics of PowerPoint lectures

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, I would like to hit the save button and go directly back to the camera to capture the next image. Less clicking and more picture taking!

• Desiree D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature to have for some people; only if you make it an option for users.

I wouldn't want my items automatically saved every time only because I simply use it for receipts (which I don't do too many of every day). So, having the ability to turn that on or off would be better than just having it as a constant feature.

Definitely make it an option for those users who almost use the app as a scanner (which it would be excellent for).

• Michiel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use lens to scan insurance cards, they will all be saved in the same location, so yes, please add an auto-save option, this will save 2 actions and will decrease user errors

• Cathi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Office Lens album to Photo Library & automatically add all office lens captures to that album when I export to Photo Library. That way I can go there & find my OL captures rather than having to sort thru my entire camera roll. I've noticed other apps auto create an album where they dump any images that have been selected for "save to camera roll", e.g. Adobe Shape, Photo Sphere. It would be great if OL did the same thing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base