How can we improve Office Lens?

Email as PDF

Would love the ability to email as of PDF instead of a JPG. I see when you use PDF it uploads it to convert and OCR, then you can email from there. Ability to email directly as an image PDF or do the OCR without uploading the image would be great.

2,486 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Toni Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to be able to email a PDF attachment straight from Office Lens but now I only get a link sent which cannot be saved or printed. I have to send documents to suppliers and they need to be able to save to their system. I used to be able to do this up until recently. There is no efficiency in having to rummage around in One Drive to find the PDF and then to send it as an attachment, it adds at least five minutes to each scan which makes it impractical. Please bring this back or the app becomes useless to me

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Just migrated from iPhone to Android, and I am not able to send e-mail direclty from Office Lens. I was able to do it from iPhone Office Lense application.
        This is a deal breaker for me - I do not want additional step. I will seek another scanning app.

• Mark Gerlow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, But why not the ability to email directly from Office Lens? I dont want unnecessary PDF's on Onedrives. I want the ability to email a receipt to our financial system. Please consider, it shouldn't be that difficult to implement.

Hi, But why not the ability to email directly from Office Lens? I dont want unnecessary PDF's on Onedrives. I want the ability to email a receipt to our financial system. Please consider, it shouldn't be that difficult to implement.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just make sure that you save the PDF to the device instead of a cloud location, and then you can share it as an attachment to the email. You change where it's saved to by tapping on the PDF file name before tapping (save) and you can cloose "Phone Storage".

• Jacob Bogle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously! Why on Earth have the images saved automatically as a PDF (and several other formats) but then only give the option of sending jpg? Being able to email multiple PDFs in a single email would be incredibly helpful.

• Ann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just switched to iPhone from windows 8 Nokia...Please tell me this works already? I.e.that you can create save and attach a PDF file from your iPhone to outlook using office lens... please. I can't seem to get logged into my one drive to save my PDF and hope it is just a user issue.

• Loren Paulsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially now that multi-page scanning is available this is critical. If you scan a multi-page document, and try to select the Outlook option, you currently get an error message saying this is currently unsupported but that you are working on it. Because attaching the document as multiple jpgs would be ridiculous, I assume that attach as PDF is what is being implied

• Nagaraj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doc scanner scores over this as app can not allow saving in PDF on the device except in images. Please allow pdf capability locally on the device.

• Elijah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to save pdf on phone...and saving multi pages

Need ability to save locally on device instead of just to one driven. Need to be able to work offline and not use cell data to get to cloud. Also need ability to export pdf direct to email.

Feedback and Knowledge Base