How can we improve Office Lens?

Multiple Business Cards & Intelligent Handling

1. Ability to Scan multiple business cards at once
2. Ability to export to Address Book within the phone or OneNote (into a specific 'default' Contacts section as selected by the user.
3. Intelligent Title with Contact Name and Company (not the default Lens title with date)

Use Case: Dont want to save all random contacts into my address book. You meet 100s of contacts at say a networking event. You want to be able to quickly scan their cards and store them somewhere (like Onenote) and later on as need be, add the selected ones to Address Book.

316 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • denis Grimard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see support for business card scanning - hooray. Bad news is I can't use my o365 one note account. - boo

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the business card to contacts would be the natural inherent function of a business card scanner but that is not listed in the menu

It would be great if the app can recognize business cards as such, and then automatically detect which values are on the card. These values are then used as input for a new contact in an account of the user's choosing. The goal is that the business cards ends up as a new contact in Outlook.

• Jason neff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need specific folder creation for one drive saves rather than just the default pictures folder. And why not auto recognize a business card and save it to a business card folder

The business card application is not present on the home screen of Microsoft Office Lens. I only have three options... Photo, Document, and Whiteboard. Operating on iPhone. Website says this option is available. What's missing?

Should be able to save the document such that it Converts photo of business card into outlook contact

• Johnsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please copy Evernote with the possibility to take photos of business cards and ad them directly as a contact, new or existing.

• Vikram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no option to save the recognised business card information to the contacts. Secondly please add the option to copy the recognised text to clipboard.

Your press release say you can create editable PDFs and scan business cards to outlook contacts. Neither of these features seem to be present in the release version. While I can make a off of the scan, there is no OCR happening, so the pdf isn't editable (it works fine when exporting to word however). There is no option for "contact" after scanning a business card.

Feedback and Knowledge Base