How can we improve Office Lens?

Needs black & white conversion so I can actually scan a document!

Needs a black & white conversion so we can scan and export to PDF documents!

643 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Carlos shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree - we need a way to clean up images - would definitely use this app if scans looked clean instead of a printed camera picture

• Keith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please!!! This is ridiculous. Not only is there not a trued black/white scan, but your app doesn't correct for color casting. The ones I did have a distinct blue tint/hue to them. The color scan needs to at least give a white-balance option. Or, just buy Evernote and include the best of their stuff in OneNote (document and business card scanning & universal sync of notebooks like a dropbox account).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amazed that this still doesn't have this option! Way behind competitors, it's barely more than a camera without the black and white "true scanning" option. Uninstalling and returning to my previous app until it is sorted

• Justin Terry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Useless to me without a monochrome option. Please add this, the app looks good otherwise. Thanks.

• Chad Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Office Lens PDFs (in Whiteboard mode) come out with a dingy grey background. If I try to print them on a black and white printer it looks like a grey box around the entire page. Please make a true white background color or a monochrome option.

• Douglas Root commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still want the ability to scan in color. But having the option to scan in black and white or setting a default to black and white is a great idea.

• Rick S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Documents I scan with "scannable" come out with the page background looking a crisp white instead of some shade of grey with lens. This is the only thing keeping me from deleting the other app at this point. I would love to be able to tweak images afterwards as well as the previous commenter suggested. Perhaps an edit button that would bring up sliders for both colour and contrast could be an easy way to implement it.

I don't know anyone that actually scans a document in color. Maybe have the document setting to default as black and white?

A button after the shot is taken under edit for white balance as the Fluro lights turn power point presentations into a blue paper

Feedback and Knowledge Base