Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

139 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ryan Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can do this when uploading to Google Drive within Office Lens. I'm a little perplexed that Google offer a better tool for this than Microsoft within a Microsoft app uploading to a Microsoft service.

• Preston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along with Business Card, Photos, Documents, and Whiteboard, give the option for a Receipts tab. All of the options should automatically go to a dedicated One Drive folder, not added to existing, with the option to change the default of course. Cheers!

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think any application that creates content should by default allow the user to magage that content.

With Lens, a default save location, the ability to create, rename and delete and move files and folders would be nice.

Also, the ability to remember the last save location

• Loren Paulsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give me a setting that allows me to opt into a "save as" dialog. I'd also like to be able to override the location sometimes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome because as of now you don't have any idea what's saved unless you open it.

• Alex Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I take a picture of a receipt or any other document and I set it to save in the default location of onenote, it does not save in the default location. It instead saves in what was previously the default location, not the current default location. The new default location was already set before Office Lens was installed on my phone, so this needs to be fixed.

Besides that, the app works really well for my purposes, which is a handheld scanner to take quick scans of documents. This is just an inconvenient bug.

• EVGiles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about taking it a step further: Allow the save location to be based on the geolocation. I often take pictures of my whiteboard. It would be great if Lens new enough to store in a dedicated folder. Makes info protection easier too.

This is realy needed. I'm saving lot's of documents into one OneDrive for bussines in different catalogs. At the end of day I'm sending from IPAD all documentation in each catalog to customer. All documents need to have specific numbers - it would help me a lot in my work.

Possibility to specify a Onedrive location (even on Windows phone 10 please), and have the possibility to remove the OneNote option when saving a document (I just want to save under Onedrive)

• Ben Stegink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't care as much about the rename, however, I would like to either be able to specify a OneDrive location on upload, or be able to set a default location that ALL OneDrive uploads go to (pictures, pdfs, etc). In it's attempt to be smart about where it saves files in OneDrive, it ends up getting confusing when different file types end up buried in various folders scattered throughout OneDrive.

• Lin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very good app. The abilities to select the folder to upload and rename the file make it much more convenience to the user.

Yes, i too want to save it to my hard disk / phone memory, and not all in One drive.

I must have a choice to save to one drive.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes to all of the previous comments. At the very least, we should have the ability to change the location of where the default folder "Office Lens" goes in the OneDrive. At that point, you can move the files where they need to go. As of February 14, 2016, this problem still hasn't been resolved.

Feedback and Knowledge Base