How can we improve Office Lens?

Rotate image & rename

Add ability to rotate the image as the image is often displayed upside down or on itoside. Also ability to rename the image

1,896 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rename is just necessary, simple, annoying not to have, crippling, and arrogant of MS not to fix.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Documents are right side up in save all view then upside down of sideways in the PDF.

• Earl Bakken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a person to address these issues instead of this annoying chat? Feels like comments go into a black hole.

This is such a cool product... I would love to be able to use it....

I want to save a document to a PDF after taking notes... or other... then get into a system...

everytime I save it to PDF.. rotates image and can't rotate it back....

saving to word.. is a nightmare...

and emailing just sends me pictures.... not an attachment...

Goal: Be able to take picture with IOS device of multiple pages, have them save to PDF, then email....

• Francis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In WM10, the image still flips when saved as PDF or Word, the problem was reported about 2 years ago and it still persists !. Alas, its such a shame !.

• Robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

iOS 9.3.1 Office Lens 1.3

Document image rotates on export to PDF.

The image displays in correct orientation in Save All view.

Why can I not do this on my brand new Windows Mobile 950XL? I bought it specifically so that I would have the very best Microsoft experience. Doesn't make sense that the competition handsets have feature sets that WM10 doesn't have....

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...the feature has been completed! But not for WINDOWS PHONE users? My god...

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely helpful. This saves a lot of post processing time if the orientation can be locked!!

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the portrait orientation is locked on iPhone, Office Lens ignores that option and adjusts orientation as the phone is tilted or rotated. This results in more time spent in post processing.

Can Office Lens lock it's orientation based on orientation as set on the phone? Many thanks!!

Stop auto rotating the picture. When I take a picture and portrait should stay in portrait and not flip upside down or sideways.

The App should contain the option to scan more than one document. Also should include the option to rotate the documents.

• Christian Bird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rename is really important. I have a onedrive folder full of unintelligible file names that all look the same when ellided!

This is a great app, except every time I convert a scan to PDF it flips it upside down! PLEASE FIX!!!!

• Mr. J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rotate picture ability. Easier way to cut and resize picture. Ability to detect multiple receipts at one time, even if size are different, able to zoom in and out vs having to physically move the iPhone, being able to store and email as PDF. Being able to create a single document with multiple pictures taken.

If the iPhone screen rotation is locked then Office lens should capture images in the default Potrait orientation. Sometimes I need to hold my phone at an angle rather than parallel to the page and the orientation on the phone flips to landscape which is not expected and annoying at worse. Either have a setting in the app to lock orientation or honour the iPhone rotation lock.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base