How can we improve Office Lens?

Select onedrive folder

Would like to save to an existing Onedrive folder of my choice rather than default to Office Lens folder.

1,121 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kmansoor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are many more similar requests that if adds up gets more attention, this is a huge weekness for lens

• Nat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It no longer save to the office lens folder and it sucks. It saves my file in a format that I can't even open. What the hell is skydrive doc

• AnthonyB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need this. Right now, on my Android device using Office Lens 16.0.9001.2117, they get uploaded along with all of my photos into my Camera Roll folder and I then have to go and find them.

I'd much rather be able to have a different default folder location (that I can define in Settings), as well as the option to save into a different folder on a per capture basis.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to use Office lens to capture content to drive workflows. Would use Flow to trigger based on new content saved. Officelens cleans up images perfectly but the inability to select a folder prevents it from being used.

• Joseph E. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For my LG G6 Android smartphone, documents are automatically saved to the Pictures folder on OneDrive. On my Windows 10 Mobile smartphone, documents are automatically saved to the Apps\Office Lens folder on OneDrive. So, inconsistent workflows.

Allowing users to set the location of a folder on OneDrive when saving documents would be very useful.

• Omar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been using Office Lens for a while now and being able to select a folder in Onedrive is crucial. We need to be able to select a folder.

Ho due accont onedrive. Inizialmente salvava su entrambi, come io settavo. Ora sil srvondo mi da errore di identificazione.

• Steven Lendowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1!
        One of the many small things, that totally ruin the user experience for power users in total.
        There has to be a variable already integrated somewhere in the code atm, why not make it available to us? Shouldnt be too hard..
        One of my top 3 complaints, makes automated and fast workflows much harder..

I can never find the stuff I take photos of so I give up using Office Lens. To be able to save to a chosen location would it so much more practical and easier to use

• Ace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to save file in a specific folder on OneDrive. I have to go in and move it wasting time.

• SC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most important to be able to select the OneDrive folder to be able to share with others

• Haroldas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely must be allowed to choose a folder in one drive. Need to save to multiple folders different kind of documents

Once I set the default folder to save in my onedrive, it doesn't allow me to change the folder. This option should be available

When the save button is clicked, it gives you the choice to save your scanned document in a specific folder.

Feedback and Knowledge Base