How can we improve Office Lens?

Add a Receipt scanning mode

Please add a receipt scanning mode, so I can scan the receipts of any purchases.

You should process this new information, generating a table or something.

317 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Christian Hartung shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mathieu Cossette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We at the office use this a lot for our expense request, and the experience we have is with long mcdo 2 feets invoices that need to be clear, and also when we have to scan the credit card transaction record on the side. Please take this into account.

We also upload our invoice in PDF or Image by e-mail to the bank app with a REALY long e-mail that never change... a feature to send a bunch of docs to a specific "saved" receipient would be nice

• Eli Robillard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After scanning, most expense apps require attaching the image, so saving to a specific, configured location (e.g. Lens album, network share, specific saved OneNote section, etc.) would work best along with Document mode

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes I have 2 or 3 receipts together like a train receipt with a separate outward and inward ticket. If you put all 3 together the auto scan only ever picks one out. I have to take a photo and then resize. This could work better.

• Arthur Forman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't one just use the business card mode.? This works well, for me, but I do not use spreadsheets much.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about having the ability to pin tiles for OfficeLens based on the use profile (and have the ability to name the tiles to differentiate) so you could pin a tile for receipt scanning, One for whiteboard scanning, each with preselected folders and filename conventions.

• joel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The functionality in your Receipt Tracker app should be seamlessly integrated or made part of Office Lens

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this one and would add my needs:
        - ability to select a folder
        - ability to add comments with pictures at the moment of upload.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have recently stared using this for my business receipts - so much better than saving everything until I come home to my scanner.

It would be great to have a receipt setting, and then be able to do batching with auto-naming options (i.e. I would prefer to begin the file name with a trip name or purpose, then auto-increment a number at the end by a specific number of digits... 001, 002, 003, etc).

Otherwise, great work so far. I love how it automatically adjusts the dimensions and how I can go back and correct the dimensions if the program didn't get it quite right.

Feedback and Knowledge Base