How can we improve Office Lens?

Import business card data into contacts

Import business card data into Contacts, then have option to email the new contact your contact card.

Evernote currently does this well

690 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was working before the lates update. Picture of business ca3d would load along with contacts info to transfer to Outlook. Wtf happened??!!

• Jeff Huckaby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The business card import does not work and there is no validation step before saving as a contact or to OneNote. There should be end user validation step on the data before saving a contact or the note. Evernote has nailed the user experience for this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so badly needed. Saving to OneNote is not why we want this we need this saved to our contacts in our phones and also outlook. C’mon!

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And with the possibility to export as CSV file (very important for professionals)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The business card scan feature is extremely poor: no integration with contacts, no integration with linkedin, every step is manual. Iphone app is worse than the Android app.
        Idea : just look at Evernote and copy what they ve done

• Alan Armijo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all the comments here I spent a lot of time trying to figure out just how to get a business card scan into my contacts.

• Micael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Useless without the possibility to save or email buisniss card as a contact.
        Just a waist of time as it is now.

• Anne O'Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When it took my business card picture that seemed like the next obvious step to me. Otherwise, what's the point? Even if it weren't OCRd into data, it would be nice to attach the image right into my contact.

• A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This sucks. The only reason I downloaded this and outlook for iOS. Going to delete it

• Tam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely needed. It can be done if you put the card to OneNote first, but it shouldn't require OneNote.

Feedback and Knowledge Base