How can we improve Office Lens?

Office 365 on Android

I want to use the app on Android (workshop for ophobe users) for my work, so it will be great if I can save it to OneDrive for Business.

1,209 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Vidak shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

95 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nicolai Lees Mifsud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi.. In this modern socity of 2017 is it soon possible to take picture and add it to OneNote using Office 365 Business module..

• Bubba Ganoush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have office lens for Android on Galaxy 6. when I click to save, immersive reader is not an option.

• Bo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

Cannot save images (et cet) via Office Lens, logon to OneDrive seems not to work. I have a "personal" Onedrive account. Using the Android app on a Samsung A3 (2017) with Android OS 6.0.1

When trying to save - it just bounce back to the "camera screen". If I only select to store to "Gallery" everything works nice.

Works perfect on iPhone...

Have tried to log off, restart, re-install. Nothing works!

When is an update due?
        Any working work-arounds avaliable?

//B

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also unable to login on Office Lens using my Office 365 services. It also gets into an endless boot, after inserting the confirmation SMS code, goes back to the beginning of the process. Android 7.0 here.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've got office lens in my new Android based phone.
        When I try to log into my outlook account it throws me back to the scan screen.
        Seems to be an endless loop trying to log in.
        Making it useless as I'm unable to save to my Onedrive or my One note

• Mariano Vizcaíno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I have a personal O365 license (home) and a ProPlus license provided by my university. While Lens syncs well with OneNote when using the ProPlus account, it is impossible to sync to OneNote through the home account.

Is this normal? Should Lens sync with both services or Home accounts do not include this feature?

Thanks!!

Still problems with android and office lens saving files to office365 for business account.
        While saving receiving a error msg "verification error ; something went wrong , try again.

• John G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Peter- its probably because you're using an older version of Android. This update only works with 4.4 and above- as I found out when mine didn't work. You need to upgrade to the latest version of Android, if your phone is up to it, or get a new phone.

• Michael Baas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like a great app. But until I can log into my office 365 work account with it using my Android phone, there is no point in using it.

• Pequeno Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do add this functionality. A quick glimpse at the Play Store comments shows the desire for Office 365 integration and the frustation from people that it's missing. Also one of the screenshots is a demonstration of capturing a flipchart, surely it's obvious the usefulness for business customers.

• John G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just found this on the Onenote tools for learning page:

. . .Just one example is the ability to quickly capture content from a worksheet, handout or other text using Office Lens to take a picture. After snapping the photo, you can send the content directly to OneNote. Office Lens recognizes the text via Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and also provides ALT text to the OneNote page. The Learning Tools Immersive Reader can be used on the captured photo to quickly read back the text using the text-to-voice technology, and the other Parts of Speech features can be used on the text from the photo.. . . .

Except its not true, is it.
        Unless you have an iphone.

Good. I have met a large number of schools in the UK who would love to use Office Lens but can't because Android is not supported. Most kids don't have iPhones! Just ask your OneNote team.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This app is useless to me in its current stata, why even make it available on Android?

Found Lens and immediately installed to capture notes to my Work Office 365 Account. Very disappointed that I cannot use a Microsoft tool to send to a Microsoft tool on Android. Uninstalling and ranking it low.

• Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay just installed the app but found out it just work on Android to sign in to school office 365 tenant, when will this be fixed!!! Great app that I would love to give to my students to use.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base