Office Lens Users

Welcome to Office Lens’ Feedback & Suggestions site! We love hearing from our customers. If you have suggestions for how we can improve Office Lens, you can share them with us here.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Default Filter Setting

Have option to default filter of choice instead of always set to Auto. When scanning a multi page doc, I have to apply the b/w filter after every page.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add setting to hide the most recent photos bar

I find the default to show most recent photos on a strip at the bottom of the screen to be SUPER ANNOYING as it occludes lots of the camera field. Please give me a setting to turn the recent photos strip off.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix transfer bug

When I try to upload some documents as a pdf to onedrive, it says ‘transferring’ with a loading wheel and doesn’t stop for weeks, only half my documents actually end up on onedrive!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Transferring

My file has been transferring for a week and won’t upload

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove that stupid pop up collapsable scroll bar of photos covering my screen when I’m taking pictures. forcing me to hide before every pic

Whichever moron added this feature needs to be fired. Makes no sense to auto show in an app which it’s prime focus is to take pictures. Stupid. Hide that garbage by default

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Apply a default filter to the entire batch.

I wish it had default filter setting that, if I set to B/W, always scanned and converted my entire batch to B/W. Currently, I have to apply filter one by one to each page in a 16 page pdf document—it’s tedious and annoying.
    Please add this feature.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When in scanning mode, hide the bar with other pictures

When in scanning mode, hide the bar with other pictures or make it a setting in settings.

I cannot see all of my scan now when close to a picture.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It won’t open my docs with Immersive Reader

Since the update it is stuck in a cycle of my username and password when I try to open a document with immersive reader. I’m already logged in and it still works on OneNote and OneDrive so I think this is a glitch with just opening a doc with Immersive Reader

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Take away the bar of photos from my gallery. This app is for scanning documents, not sharing photos. I have to constantly minimize the bar

Add a setting so you can change the screen setup, like to avoid having the photo gallery bar in the way constantly while I’m trying to scan official documents for work. None of us need to see my puppy that often. I don’t remember this being a problem before.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Files get stuck Transferring. Makes Ap useless

Files constantly get Stuck in Transferring to onedrive. It Makes the ap useless and unreliable. No matter what other features if you loose your files in transferring it’s a Useless and Unreliable software. So many users have this problem and have moved away from office lens to other software products.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dark mode Compatibility

Please add ios 13 dark mode compatibility. App is broken in dark mode. Disable dark mode in the app or update it like other apps.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Delete all files option in Lens from My Files

Useful to have a select and delete option to delete multiple files.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please save the type of recording.

Document is always preset. The last used format should be saved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In setting up this app it ask for permission to use the camera and then it went to the camera as if I was ready to scan. Sending feedback is

In setting up the app it asked for permission to use the camera when you click OK it acts like you’re ready to scan a document. There’s no back button there there’s no X to click on, the only thing That worked was sending you feedback. So add a back button in case someone goes to scan by mistake. I’m hoping that when I finish this it Doesn’t just take me back to the scanner.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Size of iOS App growing to several GB

The size of the iPhone app is huge, in my case >2GB. Even after deleting all scanned documents, closing and re-opening the office lens app or rebooting the device (here iPhone 6s) the size of the app stays unchanged, i.e. >2GB. The only workaround I found was deleting the app completely from the phone and re-installing it again.
    I’m using the latest version of the office lens app that is available in the app store.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow me to make changes to my pdf after I save the pdf to my phone storage

If I didn’t need to fking make changes in the first place. This would be fine, but every fking time , I try to change every page to black and white 1. THE FIRST PAGE KEEPS REVERTING BACK TO ORIGINAL WHEN I SAVE IT INTO MY PHONE AS A PDF
    WHY THE FK IS THAT HOW THAT WORKS
    I JUST SCANNED 17 PAGES
    AND BECAUSE I CANT CHANGE THAT ONE STUPID PAGE TO MATCH THE FORMAT I CHOSE WITH THE OTHER 16 PAGES
    I HAVE TO FKING RESCANNED THE WHOLE THING
    THIS IS AN INCOMPETENT APP
    FIX IT

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Problema de tradução no Office Lens. Português do Brasil. Tenho print da tela, não sei para onde enviar.

O app está com um problema de tradução para pt-br. Na tela para nomear o arquivo, a palavra Título está TÃtulo. Por favor, corijam.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. About new update

Why are the interfaces and functions worse than before?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. untuk bisa memilih ujuran kertas maupun edit secara manual

untuk bisa memilih ujuran kertas maupun edit secara manual

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 149 150
  • Don't see your idea?

Office Lens Users

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base