Office Lens Users

Welcome to Office Lens’ Feedback & Suggestions site! We love hearing from our customers. If you have suggestions for how we can improve Office Lens, you can share them with us here.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Default Filter Setting

Have option to default filter of choice instead of always set to Auto. When scanning a multi page doc, I have to apply the b/w filter after every page.

157 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Border sensing poor in version 2.45

Prior versions were great at automatically detecting and cropping to page borders. This version mucks it up every time, and I need to manually adjust every scan.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to save pdf in a4

it often happens that you need to print a pdf it would be good if you could immediately adapt the saving of the photo in the wanted format like a4

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Return the ability to import already existing photos

Previous versions of a Office Lens allowed you to import photos from the iPhone photo library. This new version seems to have deleted the functionality. Please return the functionality.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When using the date as most of the file name, don't autofill with last week's name!

On android the name gets automatically filled with today’s date and office lens. On iOS the name gets automatically filled with whatever file you used last time you saved. This is incredibly annoying because if you want To use the date you have to delete the title then go back, Then hit down again so that it will fill the now blank title with the current date. I cannot think of a workflow in which I wish to use a title from two weeks ago or manually enter a full date time string. Look at how it works on the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Share to outlook in PDF form

It seems like when I scan a document and select to share with outlook app, it only does it as a jpg. Any chance this could go as a PDF also? Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Take the changes back

It was once a very good scanning app but recent changes made impossible to use. I have to re-crop 9 out of10. It focuses on lines but it must focus on colors instead. Because we put the document on a dark or light background so that the apps can automatically scan. Please take those in to account and make this app great again!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Auto filter function

Please add an auto filter function, it’s quite troublesome that I have to choose the filter for each photo.
    If there is function like that, I can pre-set a preferred filter and apply it to all photos, it would be convenient.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Olá tudo bem é um excelente scanner de texto parabéns a todos vocês que Deus abençoe

Me desculpe eu desinstalei a versão antiga porque eu não reconheci que tinha sido restaurado e estou com dificuldade de atualizar obrigada.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Foto gelijk omzetten in pdf die kan worden voorgelezen op de iphone

Als je een foto maakt van een tekst kun je het opslaan als een plaatjes pdf. Echter de tekst wordt dan niet voorgelezen op de iPhone. Dan moet je de pdf eerst weer bewerken met een andere app. Zou wel handig zijn als het 1 keer kan.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Problem accessing my file

I am unable to access files for sometime since upgrading to ios 14.4 , not sure if its related to version but could you please help confirm asap

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Issue

I used this tool expensively, I use in correlation with OneDrive But there are some images which I have already taken copy of from OfficeLens folder on OneDrive, it is empty, still shows image in the app window..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. iOS version Files integration

Please add an option to use the Files App from iOS, so we can save files on internal storage in folders that we can interact, it would be perfect to have the function so I can attach my documents to Emails and messages

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. アプリの名前が長いです

Microsoft は要らないと思います。Lens のみで良いと思います。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix title bug

Title for new scans always use old time stamp. Office Lens used to use fresh time stamp with each scan.

Better yet, let users set default title format with time, date and sequence numbers being available e.g. “Larry’s receipt %MM/%DD/%YYYY, %hh-%mm-%ss %nnn”

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make Default Scan Title the Current Date

When I use office lens, it used to be where the default file name would be the current date and time. However, after using for some time, it stopped doing that and the default name for PDF's that are exported are now what the name for the previous documents are. In order to get it to be the current date, I have to clear the Title every time then export as PDF to get current date. Can this be fixed so the title every time is the current date and time?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stuck in login loop

Stuck in an endless login loop trying to upload files. Have removed accounts, reinstalled the app, but alas it will just pop to Authenticator, pops right back with no token, and Office Lens asks for your login, rinse repeat.

Unbelievable...

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pages’ orientation shifted after being exported to PDF

I would like to report that the orientation for some of the pages are off my some degrees in the exported PDF.

This bug has been bothering me for almost a year. I always review my document before exporting but somehow some pages are rotated every time.

This problem disappears if I export it as images but that causes tons of extra work and is apparently not the long term solution.

Please fix this. Thanks for the attention.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export PDF to Google Drive and Facebook Messenger

It be great if you could export as PDF to google drive and FB Messenger as it only exports photos at the moment to those targets....
    Yes you can save local and share but direct export would be great.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 162 163
  • Don't see your idea?

Office Lens Users

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base