Office Lens Users

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to Office Lens’ Feedback & Suggestions site! We love hearing from our customers. If you have suggestions for how we can improve Office Lens, you can share them with us here.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Keep Windows app

Please reconsider the decision to discontinue Office Lens for Windows. Perhaps people don't often take pictures with Windows tablets, but Office Lens is still useful for processing existing pictures, converting them to PDFs or Word documents with searchable and selectable text. You just need to make it possible to import multiple images at once, and increase the 10-picture limit. You could make the OCR feature available only for paying Microsoft 365 subscribers, and enable OCR for existing PDF files.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Office Lens for Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Very slow

Becomes very slow

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Lens for Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Uservoice

I downloaded Microsoft lens on my iPhone 11 Pro Max but it does not have read action.

When I downloaded the same app in my daughter’s iPhone 11 Pro Max it had read action function. How to do I enable it

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No access to read action

I downloaded Microsoft lens on my iPhone 11 Pro Max but it does not have read action

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Digitize multiple (offline) sticky notes at once in order to use them as (generic) items in a O365 envirnoment.

In a 'beyond corona' world, hybrid work (sometimes remote, sometimes from home, sometimes from corporate office) will be 'The New Normal'. Creative and social processes will often still take place in a physical office. In order to have notes and workshop results from These sessions always (online) available, a digitization of offline documentation is crucial. In an offline environment, sticky notes are a common tool to discuss and document Content. So the challenge is to digitize these sticky notes in a quick an editable way (in order to use them in another App of the O365 Environment). I would love…

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I think that whenever we share a file which we made from the MS Office Lens, that file should be send in the file form not in a link form.

Means that whenever I send the pdf or the file it sends a link of the file not the file. So I think this feature should be updated. Otherwise MS Office Lens is the best application for making pdf and more other types of files. According to me MS Office Lens should be given 5 star rating. Thank You

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Lens for Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve usefulness of action - table mode: export to PDF, OneNote, Excel, CSV, Outlook, clipboard.

Office Lens for iOS allows you to scan a table and share it. However, the table is rendered as HTML and the clipboard format is set to "preformatted text". No other app understands the HTML code (not even OneNote and other Microsoft apps), and it is hardly useful.

Suggestion:
    1. Add the functionality to direct export the table to PDF (local, OneDrive), OneNote page, Excel file (local, OneDrive), CSV file (local, OneDrive), and Outlook e-mail draft.
    2. Consider using a clipboard (pasteboard) format understood by Microsoft apps (such as OneNote, Excel, Outlook), and allow the user to copy the table…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Default Filter Setting

Have option to default filter of choice instead of always set to Auto. When scanning a multi page doc, I have to apply the b/w filter after every page.

166 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add option to save pictures in HEIC format.

Add option to save pictures in HEIC format.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Lens for Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tranditional chinese

The wording of the tranditional Chinese is not quite useful, please improve it or I can do the translation process :D

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Agregar hojas al pdf y ajustar el tamaño de la hoja

Agregar paginas a pdfs ya capturadps serian una gran mejora a la app. Otra adiccion util seria el de poder ajustar y poder ver el tamaño de las hojas del pdf

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pedalska aplikacja, za wszelką cenę chce wyrwać Nr telefonu

Pedalska aplikacja, za wszelką cenę chce wyrwać Nr telefonu

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow resizing image whike cropping

Allow me to pinch and enlarge/reduce image while cropping. Hard to crop a small area, but sometimes lighting prevents coming in too ckose.

And you should allow zooming while taking image.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Office Lens for Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stedyshot

Stabiele foto's in trein auto boot met trillende handen

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Process blurred photos

Some times if any one takes a blurry photo, then improve the processing of the photo and make it more clear.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improved text a analysis and transmate

Currently you should take a photo and set the language manually. It should automatically detect the language also we should be able to detect the text without taking the photo (like on Google lens). Overall there must be much more useful/productivity options more than scanning just documents and that stuff.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Saya minta garis kotak merahnya tidak bergerak-gerak waktu mangambil obyeknya karena membuat saya agak kesulitan

Aplikasi ini sudah bagus hanya saja saya agak kesulitan waktu mengambil obyeknya karena garis kotak merahnya bergerak-gerak terus, untuk itu saya minta supaya garis kotak merahnya tidak beregerak-gerak

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 564 565
  • Don't see your idea?

Office Lens Users

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base