Office Lens Users

Welcome to Office Lens’ Feedback & Suggestions site! We love hearing from our customers. If you have suggestions for how we can improve Office Lens, you can share them with us here.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Default Filter Setting

Have option to default filter of choice instead of always set to Auto. When scanning a multi page doc, I have to apply the b/w filter after every page.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save as black and white option

An option to save as a monochrome image would be very useful. I find myself using Office Lens to scan single page documents but then I end up taking them into Genius Scan to resave as black and white. For many applications (eg scanning a newspaper article) colour images are way larger than they need to be.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share option in photos or PDF files sharing menus

We indeed need to have Office Lens in sharing menus. For example it's not yet possible to "share / open in" from photos or any app working on image or odd files right to Office Lens. This would be a great addition in next update.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Once the document or photo has been automatically selected it should snap image(this feature is Evernote scannable app)

Once the image is detected it should automatically snap the image. Evernote scannable app currently has this feature which is fantastic.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to Set default location to store captured images

Option to Set default location to store captured images

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it turn photo into excel spreadsheet

Have photos become excel spreadsheet.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ocr

OCR to makes documents and receipts searchable.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Work with personal ms email account

If it works with my personal Microsoft email I can't login because it keeps telling me the account doesn't exist even after I reset the password to the account.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Projector Mode

Whiteboard mode usually works okay for slides presented on a projector, however I feel it could be better if it has it's own mode specifically optimized for images presented from a projector

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dropbox

It would be great if we have the option to save to dropbox.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Iphone x support

Please update the application to support iphone x. Love this app but can not use it on my iphone x

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Save to google drive

Post to google drive

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Deleting a picture crashes app on iPhone.

During testing I had several images on the device. To delete an image, which was cumbersome, I had to load the image then press the trash can. Upon press, the app crashes. It does not do the delete.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A "Remove All" option on the Recent Uploads page.

It would be nice to be able to clear all the recent upload files at once.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Color mode: Black & White

Would love to be able to chose between different color modes.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SDK Please!!!!!

Great app that would proved a very powerful toolkit for document capture

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reduce PDF size

A lot of traveling consultants use this app because we're integrated with O365/OneDrive. When we snap a pic of a receipt, the size is usually greater than 500KB... when you have several PDFs you need to email for expenses, it doesnt really work so well because of size limitations. Lucky for me, I have Acrobat Distiller to reduce the size and re-PDF, but it's such a hassle. An option to reduce the PDF size before upload would be great.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Office Lens Users

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base