Office Lens Users

Welcome to Office Lens’ Feedback & Suggestions site! We love hearing from our customers. If you have suggestions for how we can improve Office Lens, you can share them with us here.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Rename File

Need a option to rename file after upload

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Direct integration into Onenote

Rather than having to swap between apps and wait for upload -download have lens functionality directly integrated into Onenote would be great.

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Saving files in specific folders

I like uploading photos of receipts but would like an easier way to change the title and folder destination in OneDrive.

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set image quality / resolution

Set image quality / resolution

When archiving receipts I don't need at 8Mpix 5MB Jpeg. It would be great to be able to choose image quality. I know I can do that if I email them, but I archive them in dropbox.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add OCR

Add OCR, so whenever you export the picture, you can directly edit it, only if it is a document however.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Zoom on crop

Zoom with crop: would be nice if a zoom feature is added when draging corners to see where exactly it crops

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Multiple Files

It will be good if we can attach multiple files in a single email.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Detect white space and make it white instead of having a document scanned with a yellowish tint based on lighting

When you take a picture of a white paper under yellow light the scan comes out with a yellow tint. Office lens should be able to automatically adjust for that and make the background white instead of yellow.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. no way to cancel a taken photo

Once you take a photo there doesn't seem to be a way to cancel it. it forces you to save the image

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Multiple pictures.

Add support to stitch multiple pictures from a large whiteboard, or be able to send multiple pictures in a single email/document.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Needs support for editing from within the default Photos iOS app using native "extensions" menu.

So it is possible to edit documents without leaving built-in app.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. File naming

Hi, don't know how you are naming the files, can you allow the user to name the file before upload

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OCR

OCR ABILITY

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pdf saved locally on device

I love the app and try to recommend it to other folks. However, most of them do not have a one drive account and want to save to pdf. A great feature would be to allow the string of pdf on the device without needing a one drive account.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sign in problem

When I open office lens everytime i need to sign in , and when i click one drive ir notebook to save any picture it want me to sign in again

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Office Lens for iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Name and choose save location

A consistent sequence after creating an image to indicate desired file type, name the file, and save the file to a selected location. I.e., just like we've done with computer files for decades!

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Save business card directly to contacts in Exchange.

I would like to scan a business card and save it to my Microsoft Exchange. It should support new and merge functionality.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Office Lens Users

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base